PDA

צפייה בגרסה מלאה : CamPAC (moved) discussion/answers

mixerfix
30-11-2009, 22:01:59
I am following suggestions/question sent via private messages:

I am going to build the 16k at first go.

Since this is not my life-work, I intend to make them as simple as possible and sell them at around cost.

Cost - I need to check whether I can get the SL PCB built cheaply (and it is a VERY simple PCB)...

The 64K needs an MC according to all kinds of crap internet pages I came over. However, a cursory read of the datasheets of the 16k and 64k eeproms seem to suggest that this is not strictly correct - I will make a test. The two devices (in quantity one) are rather cheap.

The 64k IS more interesting in the longer run, but I do not expect to be over ~20 models in the VERY near future, and that should be covered by the 16k and another 16k :-)...

In any case, the EXPECTED BoM is NOT insane. I need to check how much work is involved in hand-soldering the thing and testing the thing. And - of course - I need my 8U to finally hfkjshf93ry9wuhiefnfs arrive from the US :-).

The question is - how many people want one? How many want a 16k? and how many people want a 64k?

BoM:

8-pin DIP socket
~7cm^2 board (I prefer NOT to use pre-perforated, but may have to)
3.3KO res
2mm pitch 7-pin L socket

האם אתה הולך לבנות את גרסת ה16K או ה64K?

מה תהיה העלות?

Boogle
30-11-2009, 22:26:35
כפי שכתבתי לך בפרטי, כנראה ה16K לא משתלם כי יש את זה:http://www.hansenhobbies.com/products/txacc/16k/

על 64K, משהו כמו 20$ שווה להשקיע.

b1yossi
30-11-2009, 22:28:27
אישית אני הייתי הולך על גרסת ה- 64K
בנוסף ממה שקראתי במקומות שמוכרים זכרונות לא מקוריים כאלו - מכניסים פיצ'ר שמאפשר כניסה לתפריט טכנאים, כזה שמאפשר למשל לקבוע את ההתרעה למתח סוללה וכ"ו, נראה לי שה מחוייב המציאות.... :)

mixerfix
30-11-2009, 23:23:12
I checked the datasheets. The 16k and the 64k are very very similar, indeed, but the addressing verb is different, which makes them incompatible.

Very simple. I am not currently going to build the 64K. The reason is very simple - (weeeeellll, a number of reasons):

1. It is hand-wirable, but since it has double the number of ICs, it takes double the effort
2. I would have to program the Tiny, and I am lazy to actually do it it
3. No ATTiny15 in stock now where I usually buy

Also - Yossi, I am have no idea whether the 64k firmware that is available on the internet contains the menu expansion.

An alternative idea is to make the 16k a multi-bank one, which I CAN do easily.

M

mixerfix
01-12-2009, 22:34:57
:)

No problem, CamPAC it is.

First - we use English because I use Macintosh and did not dirty my keyboard with Hebrew letters :-)...

I know Hebrew perfectly well and can use it...

רק אם ממש חייבים :)

You can write in Hebrew :)

As for CamPAC's - I am waiting for two events:

1. Arrival from US of either my 8UHPS or my 9C Super
2. Critical mass of interested people (at the moment, there are five, including me)

Once that happens, I will probably produce between 10 and 20 CamPAC's, depends on the amount of effort I need to expend. As I said in one of my emails - I expect BoM to be around ILS 20.00. Since I am not a business and have zero intention of making money on this stuff - I will probably try to charge about ILS 20-25. This depends on whether I design and print a PCB or do a hole-board design (which is labour intensive, but cheaper).

There is also another consideration - a 16K CamPAC is not very effective for a 9C/9Z (it is much better for a 8U/3xx series of TX devices.

I have looked the datasheets for LC16 and LC64 over and they two devices differ in addressing verbs. What I will probably do is to make my PACs multi-bank. This is NOT very price effective, but is miles cheaper than getting five attiny15 at less than reel quantities... Neither digikey nor mouser stock it anymore.

sorry for the mix-up, i referred to the CAMPAC

why do we use English ?

Are you talking about the Extra and Focus?

If so - they are both just under one meter in wingspan, both electrics.

Give me a call - 054-467-6764...

what configuration ? and pricing ?