תודה!
    הודה 204 פעמים ב 169 הודעות
    הוזכר
    0 הודעה/ות
    תויג
    0 שרשור/ים

ברירת מחדל CamPAC (moved) discussion/answers

I am following suggestions/question sent via private messages:

I am going to build the 16k at first go.

Since this is not my life-work, I intend to make them as simple as possible and sell them at around cost.

Cost - I need to check whether I can get the SL PCB built cheaply (and it is a VERY simple PCB)...

The 64K needs an MC according to all kinds of crap internet pages I came over. However, a cursory read of the datasheets of the 16k and 64k eeproms seem to suggest that this is not strictly correct - I will make a test. The two devices (in quantity one) are rather cheap.

The 64k IS more interesting in the longer run, but I do not expect to be over ~20 models in the VERY near future, and that should be covered by the 16k and another 16k :-)...

In any case, the EXPECTED BoM is NOT insane. I need to check how much work is involved in hand-soldering the thing and testing the thing. And - of course - I need my 8U to finally hfkjshf93ry9wuhiefnfs arrive from the US :-).

The question is - how many people want one? How many want a 16k? and how many people want a 64k?

BoM:

8-pin DIP socket
    ~7cm^2 board (I prefer NOT to use pre-perforated, but may have to)
    3.3KO res
    2mm pitch 7-pin L socket

ציטוט נכתב במקור על ידי Boogle
    האם אתה הולך לבנות את גרסת ה16K או ה64K?

מה תהיה העלות?

תאריך הצטרפות
    Jul 2008
    מיקום
    ממשלת מאדים התחילה לגבות עמלת EMS אז הלכתי לחפש את צדק
    הודעות
    תודה!
    הודה 80 פעמים ב 65 הודעות
    כניסות לבלוג
    הוזכר
    0 הודעה/ות
    תויג
    0 שרשור/ים

ברירת מחדל תגובה להודעה: CamPAC (moved) discussion/answers

כפי שכתבתי לך בפרטי, כנראה ה16K לא משתלם כי יש את זה:http://www.hansenhobbies.com/products/txacc/16k/

על 64K, משהו כמו 20$ שווה להשקיע.
    Boogle ולא Google קפיש?
    על טעויות- משלמים, על שגיאות - משלמים יותר ...
    צדק- זה כוכב במערכת השמש אין מה לחפש אחריו.

בלוגים ומאמרים שימושיים: לכו חפשו תחת שם המשתמש שלי

תאריך הצטרפות
    Jul 2008
    הודעות
    תודה!
    הודה 38 פעמים ב 29 הודעות
    הוזכר
    0 הודעה/ות
    תויג
    0 שרשור/ים

אישית אני הייתי הולך על גרסת ה- 64K
    בנוסף ממה שקראתי במקומות שמוכרים זכרונות לא מקוריים כאלו - מכניסים פיצ'ר שמאפשר כניסה לתפריט טכנאים, כזה שמאפשר למשל לקבוע את ההתרעה למתח סוללה וכ"ו, נראה לי שה מחוייב המציאות....

תאריך הצטרפות
    Sep 2009
    הודעות
    תודה!
    הוזכר
    0 הודעה/ות
    תויג
    0 שרשור/ים

I checked the datasheets. The 16k and the 64k are very very similar, indeed, but the addressing verb is different, which makes them incompatible.

Very simple. I am not currently going to build the 64K. The reason is very simple - (weeeeellll, a number of reasons):

1. It is hand-wirable, but since it has double the number of ICs, it takes double the effort
    2. I would have to program the Tiny, and I am lazy to actually do it it
    3. No ATTiny15 in stock now where I usually buy

Also - Yossi, I am have no idea whether the 64k firmware that is available on the internet contains the menu expansion.

An alternative idea is to make the 16k a multi-bank one, which I CAN do easily.

M
    נערך לאחרונה על ידי mixerfix; 01-12-2009 בשעה 05:36:04.

תאריך הצטרפות
    Sep 2009
    הודעות
    תודה!
    הוזכר
    0 הודעה/ות
    תויג
    0 שרשור/ים

No problem, CamPAC it is.

First - we use English because I use Macintosh and did not dirty my keyboard with Hebrew letters :-)...

I know Hebrew perfectly well and can use it...

רק אם ממש חייבים

You can write in Hebrew

As for CamPAC's - I am waiting for two events:

1. Arrival from US of either my 8UHPS or my 9C Super
    2. Critical mass of interested people (at the moment, there are five, including me)

Once that happens, I will probably produce between 10 and 20 CamPAC's, depends on the amount of effort I need to expend. As I said in one of my emails - I expect BoM to be around ILS 20.00. Since I am not a business and have zero intention of making money on this stuff - I will probably try to charge about ILS 20-25. This depends on whether I design and print a PCB or do a hole-board design (which is labour intensive, but cheaper).

There is also another consideration - a 16K CamPAC is not very effective for a 9C/9Z (it is much better for a 8U/3xx series of TX devices.

I have looked the datasheets for LC16 and LC64 over and they two devices differ in addressing verbs. What I will probably do is to make my PACs multi-bank. This is NOT very price effective, but is miles cheaper than getting five attiny15 at less than reel quantities... Neither digikey nor mouser stock it anymore.

ציטוט נכתב במקור על ידי ZvikaF
    sorry for the mix-up, i referred to the CAMPAC

why do we use English ?

ציטוט נכתב במקור על ידי mixerfix
    Are you talking about the Extra and Focus?

If so - they are both just under one meter in wingspan, both electrics.

Give me a call - 054-467-6764...

ציטוט נכתב במקור על ידי ZvikaF
    what configuration ? and pricing ?

תגיות בנושא זה

הרשאות פרסום

• אין באפשרותך לפרסם נושאים חדשים
  • אין באפשרותך לפרסם תגובות
  • אין באפשרותך לצרף קבצים
  • אין באפשרותך לערוך את הודעותיך
  •